UPDATE July 13th
We hope everyone is keeping safe and well . We have the following protocols in place at the surgery to keep you and our staff safe.
- We are not letting anyone into the surgery, the vet will come and talk to you in the car park.
- Please ring when you arrive at the surgery for your appointment or when you are collecting drugs.
- All prescriptions must be ordered over the phone or online and we need at least 24 hours notice.
We are now doing more routine operations and boosters but we have to fit them round the limited surgeries we are running.
We are trying to offer the best service we can in these present times and while it is not easy for any of us, we thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Langport practice is open Monday-Friday 9-5 Saturday 9-12
UPDATE 29th April:
Thank you to all our clients for being patient at this stressful time.
We are doing flea/worm/food orders and repeat prescriptions but please phone and order them first.
Please do not just turn up at the practice without ordering as we can not serve you.
We are not doing yearly boosters at this moment.
But we have started doing the following under BVA guidelines:
- Cat neutering
- 1st and 2nd vaccinations and first year boosters cats and dogs
- Rabbit vaccinations and neutering
- Micro chipping puppies as it’s a legal requirement.
We are open Monday-Friday 830-430 Saturday 9-12 .
And we must all remember that human health and slowing the spread of Coronavirus MUST remain the top priority. Much as we love our pets, we cannot put their needs over human ones at the moment.
If you have any questions about your pets and your particular situation, or you are concerned about their health in any way, please get in contact with us.
Keep safe stay at home ❤️
Langport and Street Vets have new protocols in place relating to COVID-19. We would be grateful if all our customers could be aware of the following:
1. Our normal appointment times may be subject to change as we attempt to spread out appointments more than usual. Our usual thorough cleaning routines will be increased in frequency to reduce risk to clients and staff.
2. If you have a concern about your animal, please telephone the branch you usually attend. During these exceptional times, if the vet feels it is appropriate, we may be able to offer telephone consultation appointments for some cases.
3. If you are ill or self-isolating, and you need veterinary treatments for your animal, please let us know by telephone. We will do our best to treat your animal without the need for you to be present. This may require enlisting the help of friends or neighbours to bring your pet to the surgery.
4. When attending the surgery:
- One human per pet if possible
- On arrival, please let us know you have arrived and a member of staff will come to meet you in the carpark.
5. Please DO NOT attend the surgery if you are ill, have travelled to high risk areas recently, or have had recent contact with suspected or confirmed coronavirus infection.
6. Currently there is no evidence that COVID-19 can affect animals.
7. Please DO allow extra time when ordering repeat prescriptions or pet food. We do not know if or when our supply deliveries may be affected. Please be sensible. We will refill prescriptions as normal, but will not dispense extended supplies unless there are exceptional circumstances.
8. The national situation is constantly changing, and we do not currently know what, if any, compulsory measures may be put into place, or how it may affect our abilities to provide services and medications. We will always do our best!
We thank you for your co-operation and understanding throughout this current situation and hope that you remain safe and well. If you have any questions, please call us on 01458250459 or 01458442398.